OUR RESEARCH CONFIRMS THAT THERE IS A DANGEROUS CONSUMER GAP AROUND SMART GRID: THE GAP BETWEEN MYTH AND REALITY; BETWEEN WHAT CONSUMERS EXPECT VS. WHAT WILL BE DELIVERED TO THEN (AND WHEN). WE CAN HELP CLOSE THE GAP AND HELP MANAGE THE RISK.
smart grid planning
Issues affecting smart grid communications and planning
Smart grid investments are affected by three interconnected areas:
- Augmented customer communications levels (rates, programs, smart grid)
- Internal communications and training
Costs & resource management
- Increased call volumes
- Internal resource constraints and timing issues
- Cost pressures
- Potential delays in rolling out smart meters due to customer complaints, media backlash and regulatory issues
- Repercussions of rate increases
- Consumer perception and expectations of smart grid vs. reality
- Non-utility, new entrants and media are defining expectations and smart grid forcing choices
marketing is critical to the success of smart grid
Smart grid has to be communicated and positioned properly now to set expectations and fully optimize its value (for both operations and corporate reputation) in the future. Marketing and messaging needs to be aligned with other critical functional areas within the company. Employees also and call center people need to be poised and prepared to answer professional and casual questions
smart grid services aligned with utilities' concerns
We can help you map your employees' current understanding of smart grid, identify operational issues connected to your smart grid investments and develop an internal communications plan to establish processes and knowledge that will empower your employees and increase internal effectiveness and efficiencies.
We can assess your customers' expectations, understanding, perception and barriers around smart grid. We can combine input from our database of 8,000 consumers with qualitative and quantitative research focused on bringing to light the specific issues affecting customers in your service territories.
Smart grid planning
We can develop a communications plan and messaging platform to articulate the value of your smart grid investment to customers, regulators and media.